Wednesday 11 December 2013

Complications Part 2..

So, this was now the 10th of October.. I had lost a stone in the last 2 weeks, was practically grey in colour, exhausted, my temperature was all over the place, I felt clammy all the time, nauseous, vomiting up everything even water, extremely light headed when standing up; all the colour would drain from my face, I'd feel like I was going to collapse & my chest pain had gotten worse alongside a racing heart. My mum decided I needed to go into hospital, that I  couldn't afford to lose anymore weight, so off we went to the Royal Victoria Hospital A&E. I sat in the waiting room on plastic chairs for 6 hours, despite telling them I was 4 weeks post spinal surgery.. I was eventually seen by a junior doctor. She did a chest x ray, bloods, urine, found nothing so told me that I had pain anxiety & that I was "skin and bones, pale, exhausted, but nothing is wrong, you should just get anti-sickness medication off your GP on Monday" this was on Saturday.. That night I spent all night lying on the tiles on my bathroom floor trying to keep my temperature down, vomiting even with nothing to be sick on, got no sleep & was getting weaker & weaker. The next morning I got up early had my medication & tried to have some breakfast, 3 bites later & I was being sick again.. I felt like I was dying.. I was so dehydrated, weak, sore & exhausted. I called the on call doctor, she came out immediately, took one look at me & told me I should be in hospital for fluids & anti-sickness if nothing else. She gave me an anti sickness injection & gave me a note to take to A&E, this time in the Mid-Ulster Hospital. I got an over night bag together & off I went..
                                                                          LJxo

No comments:

Post a Comment